Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Home Stretch

I feel like I'm rounding the corner into the last 100m of a 400m dash. Not unlike my beloved Vancouver Canucks are doing heading towards the playoffs. The Western Division match-ups are far from set but my Nuckies are fighting for home-ice advantage. And like every year no matter what happens (Please let it be making the playoffs, knock wood) I will cheer them to the end. I also resolve to cheer myself and to lean on others while I get to the end of my 6 year race through university, perhaps more a marathon than a 400m dash, but the last 100m are a sprint no matter what race your run.

I'm done to 6 exams, 3 papers and an assignment before I get the heck out of SFU and I'm beginning to feel more comfortable about "graduating." I know I'm not done my schooling yet but I have a better idea what my heart and head want, as well as what is best for Steve and I as a family. Currently my plan is to apply for the January 2009 intake for a BSc in nursing at BCIT, and if I don't get in I will apply to the other schools that offer nursing, but use waitlists instead of success profiles.

Beyond school, running is going. I'm on week 4 of the Couch to 5K and I really enjoy it. The lighter I get the easier it is to run. I want to the Science Fair Fun Run 5K on May 31 and then on July 1st we have plans for the HBC Run for Canada (a 10K). I'm slow and still gaining stamina but I'm proud of myself that everyweek I run a little longer.

And the most exciting news I can think of for now:
I'm out of the 200s and storming into the 100s. That's right folks this week I broke the 200lb barrier and lost a whopping 3.2 lbs to be 197.0. I am NOT and I repeat NOT going back there.

Blog at ya soon.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment